THE NICENE CREED:
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy universal and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
- THE HOLY SCRIPTURES. We believe that the Bible, consisting only of the Old and New Testaments and inspired by the Holy Spirit, is inerrant in the original manuscripts. It alone is the infallible and authoritative Word of God for all matters of faith, conduct and doctrine. (II Peter 1:20,21; II Timothy 3:16,17)
- We believe in the triune God, Creator and Sovereign Lord of all that exists. He is infinite in His knowledge, presence, power and wisdom; perfect in love, holiness and justice. God is truly one, yet eternally self-existing in three distinct persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each person of the Godhead is equal in being, nature and power. (Matthew 28:19; Romans 11:33-36)
- THE PERSON AND WORK OF CHRIST. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the promised Messiah of the Old Testament, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary at the appointed time. He is fully God and fully man without sin. He was crucified, dead, buried, and on the third day He rose bodily. The shedding of His blood is sufficient for the salvation of all humanity. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father, making intercession for His people, and one day He will return bodily in power and great glory. (Matthew 1:18; Romans 8:33,34)
- THE PERSON AND WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. We believe that the Holy Spirit is Himself God, the third person of the Trinity. He was sent into the world to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. At the moment of conversion, the Spirit regenerates believers, indwells them and places them into the body of Christ. He is given as a guarantee of their full inheritance. He imparts gifts to each Christian, as He chooses, for the edification of the Church. He fills, guides, and empowers believers as they submit to Him. (John 16:8-11; 1 Corinthians 12:1-13)
- HUMAN NATURE. We believe Adam and Eve were created by a direct act of God in His own image. When they disobeyed God, they were judged and punished with physical and spiritual death. As descendants of Adam, all human beings inherit this sinful condition and its consequences, are guilty before God and are totally unable to approach God or to be reconciled to Him on their own merit. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 5:12)
- We believe that salvation, found in Christ alone, provides forgiveness of sin and reconciliation to God. It was purchased by the sufficient substitutionary sacrifice of Christ on the cross. It is offered by grace to all people and is personally received by faith as God’s gift, apart from any human effort. In salvation, all believers receive the righteousness of Christ and eternal life. Their lives are to be characterized by spiritual growth. (John 3:16-21; Ephesians 2:8-10)
- THE CHURCH. We believe that the Church is divinely ordained of God to fulfill His mission in the world. This Church, under the headship of Christ, is expressed in local congregations of fellowshipping believers committed to sharing the gospel and making disciples who worship, care, learn, reach out, and pray. The Church is called by God to evangelize every nation and people and to be salt and light in this lost world. (Acts 2:41-47; Hebrews 10:24,25)
- We believe in the reality of the fallen angel, Satan, a created being who rebelled and chose to be the enemy of God and mankind. Satan has a host of demons that are also fallen angels to do his work. Although powerful in this age, Satan and his angels are doomed by the sacrificial death of Christ. More numerous are the angels of God that serve Him to accomplish His work and worship Him. (Isaiah 14:12-15; Hebrews 1:14)
- FUTURE EVENTS. We believe in the visible and personal return of Jesus Christ in order to culminate history. At the appointed times, the dead shall be raised and all mankind shall appear before the Lord to give an account. Believers in Christ will be transformed and enjoy everlasting life in the presence of their Lord. Those who reject the gospel will be separated from God. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18; II Thessalonians 1:6-9)
- We believe in a believer’s baptism by immersion as a symbol of entrance into the body of Christ. It is a public declaration of one’s faith. We believe that Communion is a powerful celebration and remembrance of our Lord’s work of salvation. It is an act of worship that sustains one’s faith. (Romans 6:1-6; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)